Wednesday 31 May 2017

There is Worship in the City- Apetebi Taiwo Igayemi's testimony



Apetebi Taiwo Igayemi leads [back] leads the choir at Somolu

The meaning of apetebi – This is Yoruba version for the prefix ‘Mrs. But being a wife in this faith, women are known as Apetebi.
I have being an integral part of this faith from my childhood. In fact, I was born into it. I worship at the Somolu branch.
I am also the head of the choir here. To join the choir and become a chorister is not an easy task. There is a special attention to detail. From the hymns, antiphons, chorus and refrain, everything is scored.
Women play important role in this church. Firstly, they make the world go round. They are our mothers. They guide us through the right path. They play major roles in winning converts for Orunmila. Their missionary work is highly commendable.
I am a missionary. I broadcast on radio in the morning and night. I also go to various seminars on Ifa adoration.  I am a tailor by profession.
Rotimi Ifatosin and a member of Ijo Orunmila Adulawo

The benefits
I have received bountiful graces from this faith. My life is a testimony. Ifa gives life. I have been in this faith for a long time.
I met my husband in this faith when I was very young as a faithful of Orunmila worship.
I met my husband one certain day when he was being installed as ‘Ashipa’. I was marveled to see a young man of his age becoming a title holder in the church. He was the youngest ordained that day.

We got married and had children. In fact, the naming ceremonies were performed by the church.
These sacramental are part of our worship. The church of Orunmila spiritual head high priest Fagbemi Fajobi enjoined the faithful to always have them on.
More so, the church is to be painted in two colours wherever it is being situated. Other religion and faith have their colours. In Orunmila worship, we have yellow and lemon green.
In God we are all one…
My advice to people is Orunmila worship is our spiritual appreciation. He abide with us

No comments: