Tuesday 30 May 2017

There is Worship in the City. Apetebi Aina Adegun's testimony

The Church of Orunmila Solution temple Somolu Lagos/MrGeorge/Walkartroad
My name is Aina Adegun. I work with Lagos State Security and this is my sixth year as a member of this faith. Formerly, I was a Christian. A Christ Apostolic Church member, in fact, I was an integral part of their choir.
When I met my husband, we had our introduction, then one Sunday, I asked him, “don’t you go to church?” he responded, “He always do”
Then I asked him, “let us go to your church which he obliged.
As we got to church of Orunmila in Somolu, I noticed this particular chant of giving praises such as ‘Eyin Odumare!’ I was scared and took to my heels. I thought they meant ‘bird of Olodumare’
I ran to my mother and explained to her my observation in this strange church. My mother too was puzzled. Eventually, I got pregnant and delivered my first baby Ayeduro Adegun.
The church came and performed the naming ceremony.                                                                                                                                                 
The Altar of Ijo Orunmila Adulawo Somolu Lagos/Mr George/Walkartroad
One day I thought about it, will I be staying indoors and not attend church programs? Won’t I pray to God no more?
I started coming gradually. My husband told me with time, I will understand the faith more.
My father in law gave me the hymn book of the church and implored me to join the faith.
He emphatically assured me of the thoroughness of the faith. That I should endeavor to participate in the praises and responsorial chants.
He used to give me his tithes to pay on his behalf. This is a schemed way of making me to be punctual.
I discovered the truth and light here. Give me a second chance of existence; I will definitely come back to this faith. Everything here is purity and grace
One unique thing I observed in this church is the power of love.
In my neighbourhood where I live, once I am prepared to go to church, my neighbours make obscene gestures at me, calling me a witch. They always take to their heels.
To be candid, none of my neighbours at no 54 Odunsi Street, Somolu attended the naming ceremony of my two children.
They went about calling us witches. But when they started glancing at the performative rites of naming ceremony, they were astonished and started gathering. It was a marvel to behold.
Some of them have started sneaking into my Orunmila church through the back door seeking solutions to their problems.
Members of Ijo Orunmila Adulawo Somolu Lagos/Mr George/Walkartroad
Since I joined this faith, I have become one of the happiest people on earth.
At a time, when I was attending an apostolic church in Graceland in Somolu, though I was well received but I got bothered their penchant for extravagance on material things to drive the gospel.
When you cannot meet participate in their extravagance, they rain insults at you.
In the church of Orunmila, they have never asked me to bring anything living or dead for sacrifice. Six years down the line, I have no regrets whatsoever of joining this faith.
In Orunmila church, God answers prayers. I have great testimonies to share to the world. Sometime ago, we had an auditing process and reconciliation recently and there were a whole lot of technical hindrances. I had to call on Orunmila to intercede and I encountered a miracle. The process went smoothly for me to the bewilderment of colleagues
Some of my friends always beg me to introduce my priest to them. They are Christians but they sneak in many times into Orunmila church and they always give great testimonies.




No comments: